Faith Formation Registration for 2019/2020 is now available.
Final registration deadline is September 4, 2019.
Faith Formation (Grades 6-9)
410-838-6969, ext. 125
Middle School Faith Formation (Grades 6-8) OPTIONS:
Middle School Sessions (Wednesdays): Classes meet Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 8:15 pm in the Middle School building (St. Mary Magdalen Mission Campus).
- Our Wednesday program offers a youth ministry program where young people explore their faith through various methods that support younger adolescence faith development. Activates include both large and small group catechetical sessions, social nights, grade-level mini-retreats, service projects and large group gatherings with parents.
- Large Group Gatherings with parents take place three times throughout the year on Sunday evening. These are opportunities for parents and younger teens to grow in faith together.
- Parent Handout 2018-2019
Middle School Home Study: This program provides materials and support to parents who choose to guide their youth through the faith formation process at home.
- Large Group Gatherings with parents take place three times throughout the year on Sunday evening. These are opportunities for parents and younger teens to grow in faith together. Completed Chapter Quizzes are collected at the Large Group Gatherings.
- Chapter Quizzes: The primary way in which we assess successful participation in Home Study Faith Formation is through the Chapter Quizzes. Unfortunately, this new book does not provide online quizzes at this time. We will be assessing the work “old school” by asking the students to complete the paper quizzes and turn them in at the Large Group Gatherings throughout the year.
- Home Study Handout Grade 6 2019
- Home Study Handout Grade 7 2019
- Home Study Handout Grade 8 2019
GRADE 9 FAITH FORMATION (Pre-Confirmation) OPTIONS:
Grade 9 Sessions (Sundays): Grade 9 Faith Formation sessions meet eight Sunday evenings throughout the year from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in the Middle School building (St. Mary Magdalen Mission Campus). Students and parents must also attend the three Large Group Gatherings on Sunday evenings. Successful participation in this program enables young people to become eligible to enroll in the parish Confirmation program in 10th grade.
Summer IGNITE: Ignite is a five-day summer faith formation program for incoming 9th graders offered as an alternate choice for 9th-grade faith formation and allows participants to become eligible to enroll in the parish Confirmation program in 10th grade. Ignite includes guest speakers, peer ministers, interactive teaching and youth ministry. Ignite participants and parents must also attend the three Large Group Gatherings on Sunday evenings.
Enrollment in a Catholic High School: Students who are enrolled in a Catholic High School during 9th grade receive their faith formation through their high school Religion/Theology classes and do NOT need to participate in the parish grade 9 program in order to be eligible to enroll in the parish Confirmation Program in 10th grade.
Faith Formation Inclement Weather Policy
Our Faith Formation Coordinators will send an email regarding closure and cancellation. We do not necessarily follow Harford County Public Schools.
Play an instrument?
Consider sharing your talent at the Contemporary Mass at Saint Mary Magdalen on Sundays at 11:00 am. Please contact Jeff Winfield, Assistant Music Minister.